We are a leading diagnostic company based in Nakuru and wish to recruit for the position of a Mobile Phlebotomist to work within the Central Rift Valley and Western Regions.
• Timely collection of biological specimens from clients at offices, clinics, homes, collection centers or the main laboratory.
• Transportation of biological specimens to the laboratory in accordance with good laboratory practice.
• Ensure lab request forms are accurately and fully filled including client phone & email details, attending medical practitioner, clinical history.
• Evaluate laboratory reports assessing accuracy (e.g. of biodata, contact details, referring facility/ doctor details), completeness (all requested tests are done), timeliness (issued within turnaround time).
• Timely delivery of reports
• Record keeping e.g. temperature records, pick-up and delivery records, records of clients attended to, fuel logs etc.
• Maintain sufficient supplies for performance of duties, taking note of lead time;
• Ensure motorbike and Thermocol box are in good condition, clean and well maintained to minimize service downtime.
• Communicate in a professional and courteous manner with patients, family and other medical personnel as necessary to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, clarify orders and communicate status. Convey delay notifications in a timely manner.
• Attending to complaints calls, filling complaint log and forwarding to respective department heads/ reporting heads.
• Market promotional packages, new tests to clients.
• Accurately billing clients for test(s) requested and promptly handing over collected cash.
• Ensure that payment has been done prior to receiving samples.
• Practice safety norms at all times (universal safety precautions, waste segregation & disposal etc.) and maintain a clean and orderly work environment. Ensure client facilities are left in a neat and orderly state.
• Timely delivery of invoices to clients.
• Any other lawful duty as may be assigned
The ideal candidate MUST have:
• Ability to demonstrate required dexterity, knowledge, and ability to complete assigned tasks, attention to detail and compliance with all appropriate regulatory and safety requirements,
• Sharp focus and vision to see objects clearly within 20 inches and be able to distinguish color
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s),
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time,
• Ability to move about,
• Excellent physical condition and endurance,
• Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
Qualifications – Phlebotomy certification.
• At least 1 year experience in a busy environment including experience in collection of pediatric samples (children under 5 years old)
• In depth knowledge of Quality Management Systems, good laboratory practice as it relates to collection of samples.
• Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Word & Excel) and laboratory information systems (LIS).
• Current valid driver’s license.
How to apply
If interested, please apply online at https://careers.scanlabkenya.com by attaching your current CV by close of business 20th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ScanLab Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer