A leading diagnostics provider is seeking to recruit for the position of Nurse Aide. The ideal candidate must have Diploma or certificate in Nurse Aide.
- Assisting with personal care, which may include bathroom functions and dressing.
- Providing emotional support and encouragement to perform necessary tasks.
- Providing mobility assistance that may be required, for example helping the client in and out of a chair, wheeling wheelchair patients for examination and tests.
- Transporting or escorting the client to examination rooms.
- Monitoring the patients before, during and after procedures.
- Monitoring and documenting patient’s vital signs where needed.
- Tiding and organizing ultrasound room by ensuring the necessary consumables are available on a daily basis.
- Preparing ultrasound patients for the exam.
- Booking obstetric and special exams patients on a daily basis and document the bookings.
- Actively engage clients through conversation and companionship.
- Engage with clients in a manner that promotes their independence and maintains their dignity.
- Report any unusual incidents or behaviour that may arise from patients.
- Maintain a safe environment for clients.
- Assists radiographers (where needed) in handling CT and XRAY patients.
- Assists in ultrasound for exams such as Dopplers and act as a chaperone in some examination.
- Verify that all patients are assigned and call to confirm bookings for the ones needing exams.
- Ensure you call the client and remind them about the booking- The Previous day Before the appointment day.
- Submit reports, interms of bookings, patient handling etc to the radiology manager.
- Perform any other assigned duties.
- Certificate or Diploma in Nurse Aide from recognized institution.
- Training in First Aid, Customer Care, or any other relevant course
- At least two (1-2) years working experience in a busy hospital set-up as a nurse aide.
- Any additional clinical training will be an added advantage
- Must be computer literate.
- Friendly personality and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong ability to problem-solve.
- Attention to detail, presentable and professionalism.
- Have Patience
- Have sympathy and empathy.
How to Apply
Please send your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 5th April 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Scanlab Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer