GTB ScanLab Nakuru Ltd. is advertising for an internship/attachment program in our radiology department. The position is designed for individuals who are looking to work in a dynamic medical facility. This is a structured program that provides work experience and exposure for a specific period of time.
1. Indexing/ registration or current license by RPB
2. Diploma in medical imaging sciences, Higher National Diploma in medical imaging sciences or degree in medical imaging sciences as prescribed in Radiation Protection Act CAP 243.
3. Registration certificate from society of radiography in Kenya (SORK)
4. Evidence of a medical cover and be in good medical health.
5. A copy of national identity card.
The internship/attachment program is open to:
(i) Unemployed Kenyan graduates from training institutions that have completed their degree/ diploma courses and have not been exposed to work experience related to their area of study.
(ii) Graduates of degree and diploma programs, for which internship/attachment is a requirement for registration by their respective professional bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Explaining procedures to patients and answering questions. Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
2) Set up examination rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
3) Positioning patients for imaging exams. Position and immobilize patient on examining table.
4) Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
5) Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
6) Take thorough and accurate patient medical histories. Prepare and administer oral or injected contrast media to patients.
7) Monitoring patients during exams.
8) Ensuring safety of patients during exams. Monitor patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
9) Producing diagnostic image quality examinations. Operate or oversee operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
10) Coordinate work with clerical personnel and other technologists.
11) Participate in planning, organizing and provision of quality radiography services
12) Ensure the availability and control of relevant supplies and equipment for the department
13) Ensure proper operation and maintenance of radiographic equipment consistent with health requirements; report any faults noted
14) Follow up on patients after treatment to track the progress of recovery and ensure patients show no signs of radiation side effect
All applications are to be done by the close of business on October 13, 2023, on our website, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SCANLAB NAKURU LTD does not guarantee employment after completion of the Internship/attachment Program