Posted 4 months ago
Quality Health is Our Wealth
ScanLab is seeking to recruit for the position of Sonographer. The ideal candidate MUST be registered with Kenya radiation protection board and have a valid 2023 practice license & have at least 2 years relevant working experience in a busy environment.
Job Duties Include:
- Perform a range of radiographic/sonographic examinations as requested according to the requirements of the referring physician, provide diagnostic radiographs, performs ultrasound and Doppler examinations by capturing images of diagnostic value.
- To be able to communicate critical results to referring doctors.
- Presenting the sonograms and preliminary findings to the Physicians.
- Receiving of patients for various Radiological procedures and exercising a high degree of customer care by explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients and answering any questions they may have.
- Book and documenting obstetric patients for their next appointments.
- Maintaining the ultrasound equipment and maintaining the room in which the procedure takes place.
- Monitoring and caring for patients to ensure their safety and comfort during the procedures.
- Ensuring clear images for diagnostic purposes and making adjustments to the sonographic equipment when necessary.
- Assessing patients and interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic technique.
- Enabling high quality patient experience including quality of care and optimal turnaround time.
- Facilitating adherence to set standard for routine and special examinations.
- Producing images of high diagnostic quality.
- Be able to advise patients/clients accordingly.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Applicants for the position must have a Diploma/or Degree in medical imaging sciences/Higher diploma in ultrasound from a recognized institution.
- Certificate/Diploma in echo technology will be an added advantage.
- She/he must have two (2) years relevant working experience and must be registered by the Kenya radiation protection board and must have a valid license.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Strong ability to problem-solve.
- Attention to detail, presentable and professionalism.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Organization and decision-making skills.
- Good work ethics and customer service skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication and marketing skills.
- Proficient in computers and IT
Experience in echocardiography is an added advantage.
To apply for this position, please attach your current detailed CV (must have 3 professional referees including a current or former supervisor), RPB registration certificate, 2023, RPB license, current & expected salary ONLY on this platform by close of business 14th February 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted