We are a leading diagnostic company based in Nakuru and wish to recruit for the position of a Business Development Manager.
- Strategic planning for the department, both short-term and long-term
- Driving the business growth of the organization through market analysis and product positioning
- Implementation, tracking, and strengthening of key performance and quality indicators within the marketing department
- Marketing and selling the organization’s services to achieve business growth
- Maintain current business relationships and establish new ones.
- Monitor the market to obtain current marketing intelligence and track the activities of competitors.
- Apply financial knowledge to improve marketing skills.
- Monitor sales to ensure market goals are being met.
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure clients’ accounts are serviced well and debts are monitored.
- Contact existing and prospective customers via phone, in-person visits, and presentations to maintain a good relationship with clients, cement loyalty, and preserve business.
- Accelerate the resolution of client issues and complaints.
- Develop and implement a personal sales strategy that maximizes the market’s ROI.
- Providing the management team with feedback on customer demands, problems, competing activity, and the possibility of new products and services
- Take part in industry events and initiatives to raise brand awareness and broaden your network of contacts.
- Monitor and analyze sales data to spot trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Participating in and overseeing the development of marketing tools
- Review and expand services offered to meet evolving client needs and best practices.
- Participate in departmental and other meetings as required to meet organizational and service objectives.
- Actively participate in quality improvement activities within the department and organization.
- Participate in staff performance appraisals.
- Oversee the proper induction and training of new employees in the section.
- Identify and set suitable quality standards for handling clients.
- Preparation and participation in the continuing educational activities of the department and organization.
- Conduct duties in a manner that is ethical and promotes a positive image of the organization
- Any other lawful duty that may be assigned to you
The ideal candidate MUST have:
- 7 years of experience in sales and marketing in the Health industry, preferably in laboratories, and of those, at least 3 years in Business development.
- A proven track record of achieving sales targets, client acquisition and retention, and driving revenue growth
- An in-depth understanding of the sales lifecycle
- Ability to work across functions and have the drive and energy to drive excellence and continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good written and verbal communication as well as presentation qualities and being well versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A high level of commitment to duty and discipline
- Unquestionable level of integrity
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience of having used a CRM and Sales and Marketing systems before
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Have experience working and leading in cross-functional teams
- Previous experience in a similar industry will be an added advantage.
- Degree in Finance, Business, Marketing or Medical Laboratory from a recognized university
- Have a valid driving license
- Certificate of good conduct
How to apply
If interested, please apply online at https://careers.scanlabkenya.com by close of business 25th July, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ScanLab Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer